[virt-tools-list] C'ant migrate with virt-manager or virsh

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Feb 3 14:57:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 11:51:35AM -0300, Bruno Lamps wrote:

> I opened tcp port 49160 in destination machine, tried to migrate the VM, and
> the log pointed a problem with port 49161. So I opened it and tryed again,
> and log said I had some problem with 49162. So I opened 49160:49168 tcp
> ports, and migration worked with both iptables services running. Cool!
>
> Does anyone knows the exact number of necessary ports?

There is a range used in the code:

  QEMUD_MIGRATION_FIRST_PORT 49152
  QEMUD_MIGRATION_NUM_PORTS 64

> I'm going to try to migrate real VMs now, form different folders, and with
> virsh too. 'Will try virsh migrate --live --p2p --tunnelled lol
> qemu+ssh://root@cluster.pisolar/system too, of course.

--tunnelled mode means you don't need to open any of those ports.
Instead the data is tunnelled over the libvirtd connection, so
instead you need to make sure the source libvirtd can connect
to the dest libvirt (eg via ssh in your URI example)

Daniel