[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo 2/4] List supported audio devices for Windows & Fedora

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Jan 3 11:18:45 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 05:01:45PM +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> I'm a bit confused by derives-from VS upgrades here, but anyway my

Upgrades is for a logical progression of releases from a vendor.
Newer links in the chain may drop old hardware, and add new hardware.

Derives is for when a new distro is created that is based off
another distro. A derivative will typically offer support for
a superset of hardware.  We also use this with various "psuedo
distros" which are a base for real distros.

Clones is for plain 3rd party rebuilds of distros. The hardware
support will generally be identical.

So, some examples

   Fedora 17       upgrades Fedora 16
   Fusion Linux 16 derives  Fedora 16