[virt-tools-list] forgot "open virtual console" password

cwo at dainst.de cwo at dainst.de
Thu Jun 27 12:06:17 UTC 2013

Hi @all,

short description of our situation. We have taken over an old
installation of a red hat server with a kwm-virtualization-environment.
Thera are severals vm running without any problems. We have root-access
to the kvm-host-system and the vm-systems. But:

We are using the virt-manager to control the vm (which works perfectly).
We can not access the button "open virtual console" - it is protected
with a password, which we dont have (it is gone with the fired
administrator). Is there a solution, how we can reset this password or
an other way to get this virtual console running?

Thansk in advance