[virt-tools-list] Q on virsh attach-disk , why no network disk ?

Deepak C Shetty deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed May 22 12:55:38 UTC 2013

Hi All,
     I was looking at virsh attach-disk and i see the below
[snip]

   DESCRIPTION
     Attach new disk device.

   OPTIONS
     [--domain] <string>  domain name, id or uuid
     [--source] <string>  source of disk device
     [--target] <string>  target of disk device

*--sourcetype <string>  type of source (block|file)*
[/snip]

I was wondering why the sourcetype only support block|file only ? What
if i wanted to add a network (disk type=network) based drive ? Is this a
constraint of virsh or QEMU itself doesn't allow hotplu of network block
device disk ?

thanx,
deepak