[virt-tools-list] [virt-manager] How to enable USB

Chen, Hanxiao chenhanxiao at cn.fujitsu.com
Wed Jan 21 07:05:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

From: virt-tools-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:virt-tools-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of KK Zhao
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:52 PM
To: virt-tools-list at redhat.com
Subject: [virt-tools-list] [virt-manager] How to enable USB

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to this list. I use virt-manager to manage virtual machine.
From the official website(http://virt-manager.org/), I see the "Controller USB" is listed in the screenshot.
But I can't find this option in my virt-manager.

I try to google about that, but there is not so much data about virt-manager.
So, could anyone help to guide for the following items:

1  Where can I find the guide of the tools (virt-manager, virt-viewer, virsh)
Try man XXX

2  How can I modify the boot parameter when boot image from virt-manager
Try VM->details->Boot Options

Or
virsh edit VM

3  How can I do a search in the virt-tool-list's topics

An answer from Cole:

I'd just use google and do:

  site:redhat.com/archives <mysearch>

or

  +virt-tools-list <mysearch>

4  Or the direct answer that how can I have the "Controller USB" displayed
# virsh dumpxml VM | grep usb
<controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
…
If this kind of info existed, you should see it in virt-manager Details window;

Or:

use upstream virt-manger and then add a usb controller by:
VM->Details->add hardware->controller->USB

Thank you very much, guys.