[virt-tools-list] Focus getting stuck in viewer

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Jul 26 14:59:29 UTC 2016

On 07/26/2016 09:01 AM, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> After upgrading to Fedora 24, I'm now experiencing a new issue where
> the mouse focus keeps getting stuck in the virt-manager viewer.
> Keystrokes are sent to the guest VM even though the mouse pointer is
> in an adjacent gnome-terminal window (on a different monitor).  I'm
> using focus-follows-mouse (sloppy focus) and the gnome-terminal window
> title is highlighted like it should have focus, and even if I click in
> the gnome-terminal window, the actual focus of keyboard input still
> does not change.  Additionally, I'm unable to move/resize windows
> anymore.  The only way to fix this is to go back to the virt-viewer
> window, double click the title bar, move it around, middle click to
> send it under, etc. until it finally gives up focus.
>
> It seems that this problem is triggered when I mouse over the
> virt-viewer window on my way to a different window on the other side.

Since your thread on the fedora test list had some responses about general
focus issues with f24 + gnome-shell, maybe this is just an issue elsewhere in
the stack?

FWIW I haven't had any focus issues on f24 so far

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/test@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/FKNRY6ZVEJ6WCPPGQLLBAMEJ3SPYH4KQ/#FKNRY6ZVEJ6WCPPGQLLBAMEJ3SPYH4KQ

- Cole