[virt-tools-list] Issues with Spice and Virgl

Nick Sarnie commendsarnex at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 05:08:38 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 8:16 PM, Nick Sarnie <commendsarnex at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 8:06 PM, Nick Sarnie <commendsarnex at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys, I'm having issues with spice and virgl. If I use virtio with
>> accel3d=yes and spice with gl=on, I get a black screen after a few seconds
>> of booting text. It works with SDL and GTK. If I disable either accel3d or
>> spice gl, it boots with virtio-gpu. The host is gentoo with mesa, spice,
>> spice-protocol, virglrenderer, spice-gtk, libvirt,all git, virt-manager git
>> with the 5 gl patches on feb ML, and qemu commit
>> b82fc321bf02aaceea0beb4dfabb4ca86a9a5ff6 because of an issue with libvirt
>> that Marc-André knows about. The guest is ubuntu 15.10 with xserver git,
>> mesa git, and kernel 4.5. I've attached a screenshot, dmesg and Xorg.log
>> when I get the black screen. I've also included my xml.
>>
>> Let me know if you have any ideas or need any more information.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> sarnex
>>

> Sorry, the guest is really 16.04, but virt-manager didn't have a preset
> for it so I just selected 15.10.

Ok, I have some more information. If I use virt-viewer from git, when I
connect, I get the same black screen and it sits there with no errors. If I
then close virt-viewer and reconnect while the VM is running, I get the
following spam in the console:

(virt-viewer:18260): GSpice-CRITICAL **: spice_egl_update_display:
assertion 'd->egl.image != NULL' failed

Hopefully it helps,

sarnex