[virt-tools-list] virt-viewer raspberry pi monitor mapping

Peter Crowther peter.crowther at melandra.com
Mon Oct 22 19:18:40 UTC 2018

There are lots of examples of using one machine as the X server and a
second as a fake "second monitor" for that same X server at
https://askubuntu.com/questions/28608/how-do-you-use-an-android-tablet-as-a-second-display/888269#888269
- Ubuntu and Raspbian are reasonably close cousins, so you may find that
something there works.  If you genuinely want multiple monitors from one
multi-monitor Windows VM, I'd go with this as a first option; it's your
second approach of making the second display on the Pi.

As a different option, can you connect the virtual display directly into
the Windows VM, for example via Zonescreen, rather than pushing multiple
X11 screens out?

Finally, I'd be interested to know why you need the multiple monitors.  Can
you give us any more information about what's being displayed?  There might
be alternative approaches.

Cheers,

- Peter